Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Live Music Capital of the World

So I've been in my town for a while without truly delving into one of the things that makes it so special--live music.  But recently I've been exploring the live 8 bit music scene and it's been awesome.  During spring break I went to Datapop 3, took tons of pics and videos (which I plan on uploading) and tonight I just got back from seeing the Mysterious H.  There weren't many people there, but the energy was still really good.  And it turns out that this is sort of a monthly thing--getting people together for an 8 bit music performance.  I have expectations that it will grow and become more rowdy, especially as I do my part by bringing along friends.

I love the feel of concerts.  No matter what kind, there's always a good vibe from the people that are just so happy to be there.  Dancy concerts might be my favorite because all inhibitions melt away as the crowd pulsates as one entity.  Thoughts like that make me think I'd like to go to a rave, but nobody seems as interested as me.  One day I plan on going anyway.

And even though its a school night, and I also have work in the morning, I'm so glad I went.  There are just some things that I would gladly trade sleep for.  It was also cool hanging out with "the band" and his friends afterward.  I do need to get better at skee ball though.

No comments:

Post a Comment